CZ/SK verze

GREAT NEWS: TÜV Nord Cert awards CargoBeamer for climate-neutral semi-trailer transport

GREAT NEWS: TÜV Nord Cert awards CargoBeamer for climate-neutral semi-trailer transport
photo: CargoBeamer AG/GREAT NEWS: TÜV Nord Cert awards CargoBeamer for climate-neutral semi-trailer transport
24 / 06 / 2022

Greenhouse gas-neutral transport of semi-trailers by CargoBeamer, a leading European logistics service provider for the intermodal transport of non-craneable semi-trailers, is officially climate neutral. The corresponding certificates were issued by the renowned service provider TÜV Nord Cert. Retroactively since the beginning of 2022, all services offered by CargoBeamer, as well as the company itself, are climate neutral.

On average, rail transport with CargoBeamer already saves about 85% of CO2 emissions compared to road transport and is also significantly more energy-efficient compared to all truck technologies (diesel, hydrogen, electric). The remaining 15% generated during transport by rail, as well as at CargoBeamer and third-party terminals, is now fully compensated by CargoBeamer using gold standard certificates through investments in climate protection and development projects. In addition to CO2 emissions, other greenhouse gases such as methane (CH4) are also recorded and offset as CO2 equivalents ("CO2e").

As a climate-neutral company, CargoBeamer offsets not only direct emissions (scope 1 and 2) but also numerous service-related emissions from the Scope 3 category. For example, business trips, commuting or the operation of office space are offset. There are no additional costs for customers within the scope of climate neutrality. In addition, the certification as climate-neutral is carried out for all transport lines and customers without exception. Customers receive annual certificates from CargoBeamer that certify the CO2e emissions they have saved.

The signing of the Climate Pledge

To reaffirm its ambitious sustainability goals, CargoBeamer has also signed The Climate Pledge. In this initiative launched by Amazon in 2019, more than 300 companies have since committed to being net climate neutral by 2040, ten years ahead of the Paris Climate Agreement. CargoBeamer has reduced this deadline for itself by another ten years and will thus also be climate neutral along the entire value chain as early as 2030. The difference to the certification as "climate neutral", which is already valid today, is mainly in the compensation of Scope 3 emissions in terminal construction and steel production upstream of wagon construction. CargoBeamer already offsets all other Scope 3 emissions generated by service providers.

Nicolas Albrecht, CEO of CargoBeamer, says: "With climate neutrality, we are responding to an increasingly loud call from our customers and sending a signal to the transport industry that environmentally friendly business practices are a top priority. As long as the transport sector still accounts for a large share of Europe's total emissions, there is a need for innovative and sustainable technologies for logistics, which at the same time can meet the rapidly growing demand for reliable and high-frequency transport chains. A tight network of CargoBeamer routes and terminals will be an important part of the solution, so we will massively expand both in the coming years. In 2030, we aim to save more than 2.5 million tons of CO2 annually. It is equivalent to the annual emissions of around 350,000 EU citizens."

Boris Timm, COO of CargoBeamer, added: "Signing the Climate Pledge was easy for us. It puts us among a group of more than 300 companies, including names such as Maersk, SAP and ASOS, who see themselves as pioneers on the road to a climate-friendly economy and society. The fact that CargoBeamer has committed to being climate neutral along the entire value chain by 2030 instead of 2040 shows the enormous importance of an environmentally friendly business model for CargoBeamer."

 

Source: CargoBeamer Press Releases

Tags

Cookies nám pomáhají k Vaší spokojenosti

Tento web používá soubory cookies k poskytování služeb, personalizaci reklam a analýze návštěvnosti.
Používáním tohoto webu s tím souhlasíte.

Další informace